friendly reminder that Harry Potter
- at eleven, was described by his teachers as ‘bright’
- at the same age, according to the Sorting Hat: “Not a bad mind, either. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes” and “You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head”
- mastered the challenging Patronus Charm at thirteen and proceeded to teach it at fifteen
- resisted the Imperius Curse at fourteen and soon learned to throw it off completely, even when cast by the incredibly powerful Voldemort
- also at fourteen, learned to cast a powerful Accio Charm
- at fifteen, was training other students
- at the same age, under extreme stress, tested as ‘exceeds expectations’ or ‘outstanding’ in every subject that required actual magic (including the dreaded Potions)
- same age, cast a briefly effective Cruciatus Curse
- at sixteen, became a star Potions student simply by following superior instructions
- at seventeen, successfully cast the Imperius Curse on his first try, and used it repeatedly
- at the same age, cast a successful Cruciatus Curse
#god almighty!!!!!! #this post??? is e v e r y t h i n g #it addresses all of my pet peeves in fandom regarding harry #people refuse to acknowledge how bright and talented harry really is #its such a joke tbh #they point to his average academics as if that is a true measure of intelligence #all the while disregarding the stressful situations he’s put in and horrible teachers that hinder his learning #people have adopted snapes mentality when judging harrys intelligence and its utterly belittling #snape purposely gives shitty instructions and literally fucking sabotages harrys work in his class #and puts him in a fake remedial potions class to humiliate him in front of his peers #and fandom? they gobble it up and laugh about how shitty harry is at potions #but when harry gets legitimately good instructions from snapes old textbook for the first time in his potions career #under a teacher who is not abusive but actually encouraging? #he fucking thrives #snape had been keeping innovational and helpful potions instructions from his students for YEARS #so apart from being a shitty person he was also a shitty teacher #anyways~ #harry is extremely bright and talented and powerful for his age #love and forgiveness were not his only ~powers~ #or the reason he survived so long #ty for this gr9 post op (via ginevvra)
Wayfaring Stranger - 2010, without microphone
nothing makes me more sad and mad than seeing the nicest people being treated like crap
get to know me meme: [5/∞] favorite movies → Marie Antoinette
ma: This is ridiculous.
cdn: This, Madame, is Versailles."Letting everyone down would be my greatest unhappiness."
this is painfully accurate.
This guy ALWAYS makes me laugh